Monday, September 8, 2014

New Experiences

I had no idea I would be taking personally my recent blog on September Newness to go beyond my comfort zone into a new experience.

I admit it was fun asking Wayne, my husband to guess what I did.  He refused to try after I said he’d never guess in a thousand years.

To his credit he didn’t even blink when I said I signed up to audit a University course in Media Arts & Game Development, but then we have been married for fifty plus years and I’ve surprised him a few times - okay quite a few.

Why this class? For a long time I’d been wanting to develop a game for my kid’s book Tommy Smurlee's adventure series. At least I wanted to learn the process so if I have someone else do it I can participate in the design.

I’m in a class with about sixty young people, the only person within forty years of my age is the instructor.

I was impressed with all the helpful super friendly students I met giving me directions here and there - I had to locate four buildings to get permission beforehand in person from the instructor and sign up at the registrar and then admissions office - all in different locations of course.

I now have a parking sticker on my car that enables me to park anywhere on campus since I’m a senior citizen audit student.

My instructor blew me away with his credentials. He has worked/taught in Dubai, Scotland, the UK and is a pioneer in visual arts education and game development.

If nothing else I told myself on the forty-five minute drive to university, I can use this experience in the life of one of my characters in a future novel.

God has given us an amazing world, with incredibly talented people and it’s fun to be around the energy they generate.

Writing News: 

Directive 99 audible book is now recorded and will soon be available. I’ll let you know when.  The reader has done an outstanding job.

I’ll be at an author event for Bullet in the Night, my recently launched mystery Sat. Sept. 13th  Cornerstone Gift shop Taste of Lake Geneva from 1-4 p.m. downtown Lake Geneva. Stop by if you're closely. Refreshments will be served.

One thing THAT NEVER CHANGES:
“The Lord’s mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:23

Pictures: The sign below is on a book shelf in my office and next to it is the new Breathless Meditations book cover.

My publisher, Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas, an amazing fast-growing company with super dedicated professionals, has launched a new Christian Living Series and redesigned my Breathless Meditations cover for it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment