Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks


Today's Thoughts

Blessed Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! This snowy scene is the view from our window.

My sweet sister, Joy, and her husband, chef Dave, are again hosting the clan for Thanksgiving and what a delight it always is!

It occurred to me that as families gather to give thanks to God and enjoy one another, it's wise to remember the central role Christ plays in all our blessings.
I'm not sure how old I was, but I definitely was an adult, when I learned that "Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see... everything has been created through Him and for Him. He existed before everything else began, and He holds all creation together." Quoted from Scripture, Colossians 1:16-17, NLT. 

Thanks to  God who is:

Meaning-maker for my life,
Architect and builder of my mansion, 
Defier of daily demons,
Sustenance-giver of all that is.

What an amazing God we thank!

I love to meditate on who God is and the amazing relationship He invites each of us to have with Him. If you'd like to read more meditations they're in a collection called Breathless, Minute Meditations for Connecting Your Heart to God's available through www.fantasticfamily.org

No comments:

Post a Comment