Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Listening and Singing

It’s another gorgeous summer day for singing. I’m not a singer, not in the sense of having a glorious, melodious voice, but I want my life to sing constantly.

I like to write words that sing.

And I desire to harbor a soul that sings.

Singing makes me feel less than an inch from God.

Nature sings and so shall I.

I walk midst the harmony nature plays for me each day along the lake path around Lake Geneva. I hear waves sing and see trees swaying to God’s music.

And I listen to children’s laughter, which is simply group soul singing.

Persistent bees focus on their buzzing and busy nectar sucking. Mosquitos hum as I make my own rustles among leaves where my feet walk.

Psalm 100:2 Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!

Birds tweet and cleak at me and I savor the clicks and clucks of creatures I can’t identify.

I play with sweet sounds in my mind – kind thoughts ride on vocal chords. My heart hears them.

I even sing in silence at times. 

Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord. Ephesians 5:19 

When I sing I feel as if I’m walking with God even if I’m not moving. Sometimes my singing is soft because sadness is real and intrudes even into my brightness at times.


But the music goes on and cannot be quenched.

When I actively sing I exhale, I breathe out and in tones that soothe, excite. 

A singer I shall always be.

Listen deeply and sing freely today.

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Colossians 3:16

Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. Isaiah 12:5 


My mystery novel Bullet in the Night has harmony in it too. Resolution comes in the end!
Upcoming Judith Rolfs Author Appearances
For Mystery Novel Bullet in the Night

Tuesday, August 12th from 6 - 8 p.m.
An Invitation for You:
Come visit Fontana Public Library
Book Signing Event for Bullet in the Night.

Tuesday September 9th
AAUW Soup and Signings
Local Author Event at Horticultural Hall
330 Broad Street
Lake Geneva, WI

Saturday, September 13th  
Bullet in the Night Book Signing
Taste of Lake Geneva Event at the Cornerstone Shop
214 Broad St. Downtown Lake Geneva 1-5 p.m.


Email: jwrolfs@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment