Sunday, September 10, 2023

Seconds Matter


 Dear Friends, 

I long for more sun-bright days to stroll the lake path and be nurtured in Lake Geneva’s shimmering beauty as I reflect upon life. And non-life. After a year I still feel the pain of losing the man whose very presence on earth gave me energy and purpose. How does one survive without the voice that brought love and laughter daily?

 

Only with God and you, dear family (pictured in this photo) and friends, am I sustained. How I wish you could be enough to brighten my soul as Wayne did. Yet you each give much-needed comfort and I am grateful. I wrote the thoughts below as I pondered the seconds of life Wayne and I shared.

 

 

Seconds Change A Life

 

 

The bright sun lights my world and I gasp at its beauty. The end of summer’s splendor explodes into seconds of awareness inside me.

 

It only takes a second to lift my thinking to God, take note of Him, and express my awe at His creation and provision.

 

Seconds are time enough for gratitude and instant prayers.

 

One second turns a thought into a prayer and turns a concern into a step toward a solution. 

 

Worries dissolve when directed to the Sunmaker, who forms solutions where none seemed apparent.

 

Nothing is more precious than seconds of recognition. I am finite. He is not.

 

I pause to speak aloud praise to my Lord for His acts of creation, in our world and inside me. 

 

Seconds move on unstoppable - my gratitude for each surges forth.

 

These seconds scattered throughout the day lift my attitude and change my life. 

 

I am restored by these seconds of awareness. God is here.

 

May we all be intentional about the use of our seconds today to glorify the One who gives them to us.

 

 

WRITING AND SPEAKING UPDATE:

 

 

I will be at the Christian Women’s Connection in Lake Geneva Sept. 20th at Hawk’s View Golf Club and will have autographed books. For more info contact Anne at 262-607-6184.

 

BOOKS OF THE MONTH

 

Man in Command, 52 Ways To Be A great Husband and Dad

 

52 Ways To live, Love & Laugh As A Woman

 

God’s Near, Meditations To Inspire

 

"That you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10-11.


No comments:

Post a Comment