Saturday, May 9, 2020

MOTHER'S DAY REFLECTIONS


[I have a guest author on my blog today, my husband, Wayne Rolfs, who has become an amazing writer and sends out a daily inspirational blog. Let me know if you want to be on his list.]


Let's pretend you get a surprise call.  It’s about your mother!  Bad news, no it could be great news!  Someone has entered her in the local "Mother of the Year Contest."  You, her son/daughter, have been asked to help in their contest by providing any facts, people, events, that would aid the committee in their selection of "Mother of the Year.” The winner will receive an all expenses paid week vacation to the destination of their choice:  Hawaii, Europe, or any country or state.

Some answers to questions they would like from you, about your mom, include the following:
1.  How did she show her love for you?  
2. What personal character qualities did you admire in her?
3. Can you remember two-three extraordinary times when you felt a special connection with her?
4.  Who were her closest friends and why?
5.  What could you share of her spiritual beliefs and practices and how did they impact you?
6. What would you say was her most desirable attribute?  And finally,
7.  What one or two words would best describe your mother?

Perhaps you and I can take a few of these questions and discuss them this Mother’s Day, you may have your own special thoughts for honoring mom, whether she’s living or dead, what are they?

Yes, as we all remember our mothers this Mother's Day, reflections are in order and the questions above might surface dear, sweet memories of why your mom was special to you.  I didn’t say perfect, none of us are.  For your additional reflections, below is what someone said about their mother.  Author Unknown.
                 
“You were my fairy tale princess, So much larger than life.
You were my angel and my witness through all my pain and strife.
At times you made me angry, great words I would proclaim.
 How someday you’d be sorry, you were the one to blame.
 But when I needed comforting you always found time.
 Your words were more soothing than days of childhood sublime.
 Now the distance holds us apart, the boundaries have no end.
I’ll hold the memories in my heart. You're my mother, my best friend.”
Another person once said about their mom:   “When you’re a child, she walks before you to set an example.  When you’re a teenager, she walks behind you to be there should you need her.
When you’re an adult she walks beside you, and together share life’s blessings and trials.”  She is there.

What a special gift God has given us, Mothers, for without them we could never have gotten here.  Amen. Thank you all mothers!!   WTR
“Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded.” Deuteronomy 5:16


JUDITH'S WRITING UPDATE

I'm working on an exciting new project - My own You Tube channel offering free video presentations on family topics using material from my counseling training and marriage, family and children's books. The videos will also be available on Preach The Word Cable TV Network. If you'd like a preview click here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXIRtQGmA77eHR9ZWHi50Cw Very soon, hopefully within two months the channel will be ready for its premiere launch. You can subscribe now.

A Blessed Mother’s Day To All!

No comments:

Post a Comment