Sunday, December 31, 2017

     Making New Year's resolutions? I like this chance to pause and prioritize. For 2018  I'm choosing things I won’t bring into the New Year.

     I refuse to bring fear. The news is filled with the horrors of 2017 – Las Vegas massacre, hurricanes, horrific floods, Isis attacks –I mourn the pain of my brothers and sisters but I won’t be consumed with dreading that these events will recur and maybe touch me or my loved ones.

I won’t have a lack of love for others. Because some people are evil, I won’t assume those I meet may be. I won’t shy away from making human contact and reaching out when I see a need.

I won’t bring inattention.  I’ll notice each amazing sunrise and sunset, and the beauty around me every day in nature. God commands me not to fear but to trust Him and never stop loving people and looking for signs of His presence everywhere.

     Some things I will bring into 2018 are my delight in worshipping God and serving others.

     I'll bring my joy in praying for you, my family, my friends, the people I’ve counseled through past decades as a psychotherapist, our Silver Sands golf students, the children I’ve taught and my readers.

     I'll bring God’s principles to live by and share over and over. I won’t be who I was last year nor who I’ll be the following year – I’ll be the me of 2018, simple, complex yet always complete in Christ.

     2018, every day of it, is a gift to be opened and savored. May this New Year be your BEST EVER!
 

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10




No comments:

Post a Comment