Tuesday, February 13, 2024

  



Valentine’s Day, our special twenty-four hour celebration  of love, has arrived. What a powerful four-letter word! And what an extraordinary force love is! 

 

On this Valentine’s Day I encourage you to make loving well your highest priority. Of course we send remembrances of cards, flowers, but it’s great to speak words of love all throughout the year. What a privilege to love people as we go through life - a spouse, parents, children, grandchildren, dear friends - their presence in our world brings deep joy.

 

The greatest Lover ever is our Creator and we’re made in His image. It’s His love we model when we tenderly treasure one another. We cannot “over love” by its true definition, which is caring for the welfare of your beloved even more than your own. This mean no smothering love but freeing love, respecting your loved one and urging him or her on to become the best person possible. Love is fuel to help you survive and thrive no matter what happens around you. 

 

The truth is my heart will always long for my 60-year-plus love affair with my husband, Wayne, even though my soul knows I cannot see him again on earth. I’m never completely without the desire to return to my former married life. Yet, I have a God-given incentive to pursue new experiences. I pray for the gift of holy laughter again. I always taught the people I counseled that God wants us to rejoice in Him no matter what. We are to live with joy and serenity and clothe ourselves with kindness and compassion, so I try. As I look for a plus in my husband’s departure, I can see one glowing in the darkness: my love for God, my intimacy with him has become ever greater. 

 

When I’m in church, and see in a row ahead of me a man put his arm around his wife or a couple holding hands as they walk in, it makes me happy, not sad. For a couple seconds, as I see their tender touch, I recall the love I had. Marriage is finding another imperfect being to join with in your imperfection, and allowing God to perfect the two of you. This can only happen when God is central in your life. Always He is to be our greatest love! 

 

Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you lovers whose life is blessed as mine is today by memories of love, and to those who are praying for their future to find someone to bestow their love upon, and for those who are in the midst of a precious union, celebrate moment by moment your love! 

 

Happy Valentine’s Day to God the Father, Jesus His Son and the Holy Spirit!

And Happy Valentine’s Day to you my friend.

 

1 Corinthians 13:13 “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three, but the greatest of these is love.”

WRITING UPDATE

 

To give your marital love a boost, please check out my Intimacy Reviver free on my YouTube page (JudithRolfs). It will enrich your love affair whether you’ve been married one month or 50 years. This simple communication tool can strengthen the bond between you. 

 

To become ever more intimate with God consider using my Jesus Time 365 Love Notes of Wonder and Worship, devotionals for your daily prayer. I wrote them for readers to draw into greater intimacy with God. A reader recently sent me this message, “I’m currently using this as my devotional for the third year. Daily I find new nuggets to bless me.”

 

I’m excited to say that I’ve resumed my writing again, and am nearing completion of my next mystery novel. It has many twists and turn and is set in England and Scotland. I’m eager for you to read it. Also, I’m working on a grief book to help those who, like me, have lost a beloved spouse. I appreciate your prayers that these projects will honor God and bless readers.

For more information on my books, blogs and videos visit:

https://drjudithrolfs.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment