Wednesday, October 17, 2018

  
A pleasant thought to ponder... we each have our own personal History Book With God. He writes through the events of our lives and we add content by our responses.

I’m recalling a chapter today of being in Door County last October after my husband Wayne’s open heart surgery when he was very fragile. Here we are today one year later with golf clubs and bicycles having lunch in Sister Bay with Dan and Stephanie who joined us. (David and his family come up next weekend.) How can I possibly describe the grateful praise spilling from every pore of my being when I see my man healthy and active?

I turn back in my History Book With God to other scary chapters - the safe birth of our fourth child despite medical complications, later the healing of our eighteen-year-old son whose life was given up on by his oncologist.



Other miracles – healings and seemingly impossible prayers answered -fill the pages. I think of our several businesses begun with wild ideas that prospered into reality. The burst of courage in countless situations at the moment it was most needed. I'm sure you can recall similar times.

Opportunities to watch God at work using me as an available counseling instrument in the emotional healing of other lives. Humbling chapters. The blessing of being an encouragement to others. We all like those chapters, don’t we? I know you have many of your own.

Sad chapters without happy endings have been written as well, but they don’t mar the Goodness evident within my History Book With God. His presence during times of pain has been just as real, His comfort as near as my skin, when our twenty-four-year-old grandson Drew died. 

Within the pages of my book are my daily conversations with the Supreme Creator Who is absolutely like none other – the King of Glory.  Sometimes my words are simply expressions of awe at His world, His people as in Jesus Time, 365 Love Notes of Wonder and Worship. Other times, I speak petitions for the needs of others because I’ve known, I’ve witnessed the transforming power of prayer. My History Book With God is filled with His interventions in apparently hopeless situations in response to fervent prayer.
  
Part of my current History With God is my new mystery novel
The Windemere Affair https://amzn.to/2pZxl1y–launched a week ago and is off to an exciting start. This is my second novel set in Lake Geneva, the city I fondly call home – the full name of our village is Fontana-on-Lake Geneva.  It’s fun to hear my adult son Dan say he’s up to Chapter Seven –  when writing an author never thinks about having your adult children read the love scenes. Gulp. Awkward…  I’m grateful for the reviews thus far – thanks for taking some of your valuable time to read and review. 

What’s being written right now, friends, in your living History Book With God? From birth to final breath our history with Him goes on…





No comments:

Post a Comment