Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Happy Mother's Day!

 

Yesterday I had a wonderful opportunity to speak to about 30 young mothers at a Mothers of Preschoolers Event.

I don’t recall ever being in a place with so many little babies! The youngest was actually two weeks old and many of these moms had three or more children. I felt honored to be present with them because I believe they are the heroes among us. 

These moms daily sacrifice time and energy to care for the future movers and shakers of our world. And they most often do it selflessly and joyfully.

I talked about the chapters of our lives that women go through. I recalled when I was their age, I thought young motherhood would go on forever. It seems as if I blinked three times and my children were grown. 

Now these little children whom I raised with values like mine are among my very best friends on earth and the same goes for my grandchildren, who quickly became adults.  My most fun times are being with them.

I imagined what it must be like to be God watching us grow and develop over the decades of our lives - the delight He must take in us. I certainly enjoy watching the physical and spiritual development of my offspring. Yes, occasionally mistakes are made and that’s how we all earn forgiveness and compassion.
 
Being in the presence of these very special women, was a great prelude to Mother’s Day. I ended my talk sharing God’s big and little miracles in my life by  asking them to remember NOTHING. I had the word written on a poster for them. I mentioned three things about nothing that I’d like them to be mindful of.  

One - is “Nothing is impossible for God.” (Luke 1:37) 

Two - we can do nothing apart from God Who strengthens us.  “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)
 
Three - sometimes the most important thing we can do in our lives is nothing. I encouraged the women to take 15 minutes daily to sit and ponder what they’re experiencing in this chapter of life and let God whisper His words of love and guidance as they mindfully listen. “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)

So here’s to REMEMBERING NOTHING!
 
To you my  friends who are moms, grandmas, even great-grandmoms
 I salute you and celebrate you!
 
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
 
Writing Update:

 
To coincide with the Moms Event I made three of my ebooks through amazon FREE TODAY AND TOMORROW MAY 9TH. Please take advantage of this opportunity to download them to carry on your smartphone or IPAD.  

Go to amazon directly or through my website. Don’t use Kindle Unlimited. Purchase ebook after confirming price is 00.
 
Love Always, Mom is an inspiring true miracle story about our son.
 
Man in Command - How to Be A great Husband and Dad
 
Loving  Every Minute As A Wife & Mom
 
Love Always, Mom

 
Remember real angels are always among us.


No comments:

Post a Comment