Sunday, September 20, 2020

What Would You Do?

  

What would you do to stop a toddler who wanders into a busy street with a truck heading its way? I’d be running and grabbing that little one no matter what it cost me. 

 

How I wish I’d been more aware in 1973 of the momentous event occurring. I caught murmurs on the news but didn’t take it seriously. Few did. The idea that abortion would become the law of the land and a woman could kill her own child was incredible! Yes we knew there were women who made this sad choice for difficult reasons, but to legitimize this as a new normal was unthinkable.

 

I was busily caught up raising four children ages one, six, nine and ten. No time to be involved in politics. Surely compassionate, intelligent people wouldn’t allow abortion against God’s creation? Shock and horror came. I remember standing in my kitchen in amazement when the announcement was made that abortion had become legal in every state. 

 

The mind and heart of a woman, her role as a life-giver, a nurturer, a protector of the unborn was switched into a whimsical, potential destroyer of a developing human being entrusted to her.

 

Women especially young girls said surely now abortion can’t be wrong, because it’s legal. But God, but God…says otherwise. I wonder if the plagues and natural disasters among us aren’t His response to the blood of sixty million children poured out upon American soil. Read the Old Testament along with the New and you’ll learn that God can become passionately angry. These murdered children were God’s gifts to us, future creators and sustainers for our  world.

 

I have always been for equal rights for women, I loved that Jesus made this value abundantly clear in multiple ways, but I’ll never endorse a woman’s right to choose exterminating her child.

There are always women and men waiting prayerfully for a newborn baby to adopt and love for a lifetime. Plus, a natural delivery is typically safer for a woman than an abortion procedure, and doesn’t endanger her ability to have children in the future, if she chooses.

 

The argument that women would have “back alley abortions” anyway doesn’t hold. Have you checked out some of the filthy, unclean Planned Parenthood abortion mills – see the movie “Unplanned.” 

 

Before 1973, a woman knew abortion wasn’t right, maybe expedient at the moment, but wrong. Now we give young girls the message it’s okay to be promiscuous – no consequences – if you conceive, kill it. Women who are inconvenienced temporarily by another child, no problem, get rid of it. Does any thinking person believe the number of abortions yearly hasn’t increased exponentially compared to pre-1973?

 

Bottom line, I will vote for Donald Trump because he’s giving me a chance to overthrow Roe vs. Wade in my lifetime. I urge you to do the same, not based on his personality or morality, but because he’s kept the other promises he made to the American people and I believe he’ll keep this one. 

 

I believe if we get the sanctity of life message wrong, we destroy our foundation as human beings and we grieve the God who created us. We were made to live and act and love according to His image. 

 


Children grow up in the most delightful ways as you can see from the family picture above.

 

Psalm 36:9 “You [God] are the giver of life. Your light lets us enjoy life.”

 

Ecclesiastes 12:9 “But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment