Monday, November 4, 2019

Family Legacy



Omigosh, another birthday this past week! The years roll by so quickly. On my birthday I like to do something special to honor my mother. After all, my birthday would not have been possible without her! 

To honor Mom while she was still alive I once sent her a bouquet of a dozen roses. She was surprised and shocked. Why had I done this?  In my card I expressed my gratitude to her for giving me the gift of life. Not all moms-to-be are willing to make this sacrifice.

Not all my memories of my mom were happy, she was an alcoholic for many of my growing up and early adulthood years, but I can always dig deep for some good moments. I believe that the Fourth Commandment doesn’t say only honor your father and mother if they were always good to you and sterling role models. Honor is always deserved for the giving and nurturing of our lives.

Of course I don’t discount the part dads have in the creation of a baby, but not like moms who go through bodily distortion and discomfort. Also, they usually bear the brunt of midnight feedings and non-stop care for infants and toddlers.

This year when the family came to celebrate with me after our meal and singing Happy Birthday I suggested we play Bingo in honor of Grandma, one of my mom’s favorite games. I had purchased a nice black metal set at Good Will and grandson Joshua, then my son Dan read off the numbers. Prizes were candy bars. We had lots of laughter and fun playing for about an hour.


Who else should I honor on my birthday? My Creator, of course. How extraordinary that I and none other should be designed to be me! How to express my gratitude?  

To thank God I wrote this note to Him on my birthday. Heavenly Father, how awesome that I am your daughter. I’m in awe of this gift of a lifetime You extend goodness and love to me. Thank you for the family you chose for me. I’m grateful You’ve always been available to me through the challenges of my growing years. I’m forever grateful for Your wisdom and grace. May I please you immensely with the way I move through my days honoring You in every choice I make. I can say Happy Birthday to me today, only because of You.

How about you? What thoughts do birthdays stir in you?


Speaking/Writing Events

Book Signing at Angelus Gift Shop in Walworth the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It’s a great time to purchase your autographed Christmas gift books. Nov. 30th 1-2 p.m.

Your prayers are appreciated for Christian Women’s Connection three events at Menominee Falls and Sheboygan Dec.16-18th.

I'm in intense writing mode completing my Tommy Smurlee mystery fantasy series Books 3 and 4  for children ages nine and up. I’m become very fond of these characters Tommy, Grella, Piney, Blake and Quid. It’s fun spending my days “with them.”

My Featured Books This Month: Man in Command (How To Be A Great Husband and Dad)http://amzn.to/1zMzrSK and Loving Every Minute (How to Live, Laugh and Love as a Wife and Mom). http://amzn.to/1mhOCgB http://amzn.to/1mhOCgB

These are must-own books packed with great ideas for doing life in a grand way, emotionally, physically and spiritually for men and women.

Happy Everyday!
May every child and adult know the supernatural reality of God, 
the ever present source of love and power in their lives.

Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment